Thursday, November 13, 2014

Spotlight: Giovanni Clark


When I came across an email that said: Have you ever posted pictures of red headed naturals?
I immediately thought what a great idea. I later found out the author of that question was the
beautiful Giovanni Clark. I knew I had to feature her amazing hair. Her natural red locks are
beautiful and yes! her hair is naturally red.

Can you give us some insight into your hair regimen?

Giovanni Clark:

Oh, where should I begin! I wash and deep condition my hair every Sunday then I blow 
dry and wear it out. I usually have to re-condition my hair because my straight ends like 
 to do their own thing and the LA weather is very harsh. I sleep with a satin scarf to 
 avoid split ends. I've never had ANY chemicals or treatment put in my hair. 100% NATURAL HAIR! 

What was it like growing up as a red head?

Giovanni Clark:

Growing up as a red head in a predominantly black community was very hard. 
always stood out and was occasionally picked on and called names. 
I actually hated my hair color for most of my childhood.

When did you start loving you hair

Giovanni Clark:

     I didn’t realize how special and beautiful my color was until I had gotten a little bit older. 

Where you born with red hair? Are you the only red head in your family?



Giovanni Clark:

      I am the only redhead in my family (that I know of) and I thought it was weird that 
people asked questions about my hair color, but as a child I didn't think much of it. 
My mother would tell people “she got it from her maternal and paternal grandparents!
 I was born with red hair and sky blue eyes. It's the rarest combination in the world. 
   The majority of natural redheads have brown eyes, with others likely to have hazel 
or green shades. However, like red hair, blue eye color is a recessive trait, meaning 
      that both of my parents carry the gene. This makes those with red hair and blue 
eyes the rarest minority in the world, with only 1% having both.

As an adult what are some of the question or situation your are faced with?

Giovanni Clark:


       It's very disturbing because I still get the question as an adult about my hair color 
      being natural. People would say “both of your parents aren't black because black 
               people don’t have red hair” or “how do you know that you weren't adopted?” 
         and those were harsh things to hear as a child. Now that I’m older 
            people assume that I dye my hair so they just ask “what color do you use?”
 It's very annoying, but I’m used to it. 

I’ve noticed that my hair is much brighter on some days and darker on others. It usually changes color with the seasons.

What are some of your favourite products to use?

Giovanni Clark:

I use ORS Aloe Shampoo and Replenishing Conditioner, ORS Incredibly Rich Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion, ORS Intense Moisture Creme HAIRepair (treatment after a 
swim or going to the beach), ORS Nourishing Sheen Spray and Pantene Pro V for 
truly Natural Hair Clarifying Shampoo and Deep Conditioner.  

Do you use natural or organic products? or neither?

Giovanni Clark:

Yes, I use a lot of ORS ( Organic Root Stimulator) and Pantene Pro V for truly Natural
Hair Products. 

Do you trim or dust your ends? How often?

Giovanni Clark:

I've used both methods on my hair. I like dusting instead of trimming because the
salon ends up cutting too much of my hair off! I'll usually do it once a month.

What advice would you give to anyone feeling discourage for having read hair? 

Giovanni Clark:

My mother and grandmother would constantly tell me to embrace who you are, walk
with your head held high, and know that it's perfectly okay to be different! I am living
proof to show you how to believe in yourself. When God created us, he made us exactly
the way he planned. PERFECT in his eyes!

How has your red hair affected your success in life, career? (feel free to talk about anything here concerning working, daily life, motivation) 

Giovanni Clark:

No, the color of my hair hasn't affected my professional success.  

Thank you Giovanni for an amazing interview and article. I hope you are all motivated by herNatural Hair story, courage and her beautiful red hair.

More on Giovanni Clark:

       Click Here for her IMDB (Internet Movie Date Base)





If you would like to be feature, have an amazing story idea, or would like to write an 

article, and share you poetry. Please feel free to contact me ilovedejavu@gmail.com

Contact with me on instagram @officiallystans


Youtube channels: 



For more information on red heads read this post by the Huffington post Click Here
Purchase this conditioner, click link >>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by....