Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Getting Rid of Dark Spots (Part 1)

Over the past week I really needed a break to just write some new material so I have been posting here and there but I just had to breathe for a minute. I was also tired and ill so I needed much rest. It was so nice to receive email asking if I am okay, thank you guys made my days. I am back now and have some great material for you guys to come and great giveaways. Am Excited!!. I try to answer questions I am asked and also share what I am currently researching. I came up with a few tips, advice, and home remedies to get rid of those stubborn dark spots. The reason being even though my skin has cleared from the acne, it is taking a long time for my dark spots to go away. Now they aren’t as visible as I may lead you to believe. I don’t have that much, however, looking at my face I can see them. If you’re like me and on this journey for a beautiful healthier you it will bother you the way it bothers me.
In my label entitled SKIN CARE  I discuss ExfoliationFace care: Acne, Oily Skin, I briefly discuss dark spots. If you’re having problems getting rid of acne that could be a number of reasons why I advise to refer to the past article where I also briefly discuss dark spots In this article I will go into more detail about dark spots in his article and so much more to come
We all want a smooth, even and clear complexion. Although you may be cleansing your skin often, it does not prevent hyper-pigmentation or dark spots. Dark spots are characterized by pockets of discoloured skin that remain even after pimples have disappeared. It can be caused by internal or external factors, illness or hepatic problems.
Causes:
·       Iron
·       Hormonal changes during pregnancy
·       Menopause
·       Deficiency in certain vitamins
·       Minerals (such as calcium)
·       Increase In melanin (occurs after the skin is inflamed or irritated
·       Over exposure to the sun.

Many dermatologists suggest that you consult with your dermatologist to make sure that your spots are benign before applying creams or sun block. For others, a skin peel may also be required. I have never done this myself but that is what is recommended for some cases. Dark spots can be remedied at home as well.
Tips to get rid for those persistent dark spots:
·       Sunscreen daily with SPF 15 or higher (use sunscreen to block the sun that darkens the skin, and prevent skin cancer)
·       Leave your face alone, do not pick at pimples or zits, this will cause scarring
·       Drink lots of fluid and water
·       Eat foods such as; cucumbers, lemons, tomatoes, and oranges, these help in purifying the blood and removing toxins from the body.
·       Exfoliate the skin at least once or twice a week

Remedies:
Flaxseed oil is a great supplement it is rich in vitamin E and boosts blood flow and circulation to support healthy skin cell growth.
Chamomile and lemon juice are natural bleaching agents and will lighten the dark acne spots. You can use chamomile tea bags and add lemon juice, refrigerate the solution every time you use it. Do not keep each batch of solutions for more than 2 weeks. This can be used as often as desired.
Vitamin E oil is a personal favourite; apply this after your chamomile and lemon juice solution. Vitamin E encourages cell regeneration, vitamin E can be thick and oily so it is best absorb at night. Massage your dark spot for about 1 minute, this will help your body absorb the oil and circulate new skin cell growth under the scars.
Makeup:

This was actually suggested by a makeup artist for those of you with dark spots, acne or freckles.
Freckles-select a foundation that is as dark as the freckles, however you can get a masked look so even though it is not the most recommended some prefer to do this.
Select a sheer foundation you can see some of your skin through, get a colour of your freckles, or spots and colour of your tone, this will give you a clean look and won’t appear ashy.
Remember that you have to care for your skin as much as you care for your natural hair, yes it requires the same amount of work to maintain healthy glowing skin.

Stay beautiful
Dejavunaturals







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by....