Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Deja vu Spotlight

Aevin Dugas


This past week I had the pleasure of speaking with Aevin Dugas. I was able to learn about her hair regimen and joruney to healthy hair. She is this weeks Deja Vu Naturals Spotlight. She is absolutely gorgeous with a beautiful full head of healthy natural hair.


Dejavu: How long have you been natural?

Aevin: It's been about 12 years since I've been natural

Dejavu: What products do you use to maintain your hair? scalp? and your beautiful fro?

Aevin: Honestly, I've tried it all from expensive to cheap, Natural to over the counter. But my hair comes out best with pantene, dove and suave products. I use about 3-5 conditioners at a time all by pantene and dove, and I shampoo with suave and pantene. Not the ones for ethnic hair but any of them that say hydrating, moisturising, damage control, or for curly hair.


Dejavu: Do you use them all at the same time?

Aevin: Yep, all at once. I squirt a little of each in my hand and mix together then apply it from root to ends.

Dejavu: How many times do you shampoo and condition a month?

Aevin: It depends, but usually at the least once a week maybe even twice. I work out alot so it forces me to shampoo alot
  
Dejavu: How would you describe your sense of style?

Aevin: I would describe my style as afrocentric old school with a twist.

Dejavu: What advice would you give or say to someone thinking about going natural or even beginning there journey?

Aevin: The advice would be it to just do it!!! It's the best thing that you can ever do for your hair!!!
 







Dejavu: How do you maintain Length?

Aevin: As far as maintaining length, I get my ends trimmed about 2-3 times a year. Also if I do something to my hair that causes breakage, thinning or shredding, I never do it again.


Dejavu: Do you have any other regimens you follow besides shampooing and conditioning?

Aevin: Honestly my regimen would be shampoo, condition, and put into a protective style usually from sun-thur. I leave the conditioner in majority of the time so basically my hair is always being deep conditioned. I also take vitamin E capsules and recently started taking hair, skin and nail vitamins .


Dejavu: What inspires you?

Aevin: What inspires me is the healthiness of my hair. When I was younger my hair got so damaged and I never thought it would ever get back healthy, but it came back 3x's healthier than I could've ever imagined!!!!!!!!!!!

Dejavu: Thank you so much for talking to me.

Aevin: Thank you for letting me tell me story!!

Dejavu: Your so very welcome



STAY BEAUTIFUL!!!



Dejavunaturals













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by....